Today, we are sharing with you this wonderful Ratatouille recipe. Do you still remember the animation movie Ratatouille? This is the same delicious dish which is made up of yummy vegetables. With the right mix of herbs, even a meat eater would find that this is an irresistible healthful delight.
Try this recipe out and if you find that this is good, click the share button and share it with you friends!
1 red bell pepper, sliced into chunks
1 yellow bell pepper, sliced into chunks
1 eggplant, sliced into chunks
1 zucchini, sliced
2 red tomatoes, seeded and coarsely chopped
1 onion, peeled and sliced
1 carrot, diced
1 summer squash, sliced into chunks
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
Herbs: (Alternatively, use Herbes de Provence)
2 tsp chopped rosemary
2 tsp chopped basil
2 tsp chopped thyme
2 tsp chopped savory
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degree Fahrenheit.
2. Roast red pepper and yellow pepper for 20 minutes.
3. Using a non-stick pan, lightly sautéed minced garlic and onion with olive oil. Onion should be sautéed until they are soft before minced garlic is added as garlic brown easily and you would want to avoid the bitter taste.
4. Add tomatoes and stir.
5. Toss in fresh rosemary, thyme, parsley and savory and salt lightly, to taste.
6. Cover the pan with the lid. Allow the mixture to simmer until most of the liquid has evaporated.
7. Lower the temperature of the oven to 135 degree Fahrenheit.
8. Using a skillet, or any baking pan, spread around 80% mixture on the base of the pan evenly. Arrange eggplant, zucchini, carrot, summer squash, and roasted pepper into a spiral, alternating between different vegetables for a colorful palette. (Optional)
9. Sprinkle olive oil, crushed garlic and thyme before tucking an Aluminum foil tightly around the edges of the pan. Roast in the oven for 2 hours.
10.Remove the aluminum foil and roast for another ½ hour.
11.Transfer the contents to a grill for a more crispy texture. Lightly sprinkle vinaigrette (1 tsp balsamic vinegar, 1 tbsp olive oil, and thyme) on the sides. Enjoy!